Poll: Do you agree with these new rules?
I agree.
I disagree. (Post Why..)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Town Procedure
03-07-2012, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 01:33 PM by chaosking121.)
New Town Procedure
Sometimes, a group of friends join the same server and want to have a town just for them. Upon consideration, I think this should be allowed with the following method of doing it:

0. Minimum is three people. Don't make a town for two people or one person.

1. Talk to them. If you get a bad vibe or suspect them of being a griefer, just ignore them. Don't be too harsh though.

2. Let them start building the town. If they constantly ask for items or stuff, then ignore them and no town, but it's ok to give a few rare items for decoration, e.g. obsidian.

3. If they pass steps 1 & 2, ask what they want the town to be called. Then make a new account with the name of that town and OP it. Create a town with that name and add them all to the town. *DO NOT make any of them a mayor or assistant yet.*

4. Claim as much plots as needed and if you wish, add the town to your nation.

5. Set a warp to the town with /setwarp <Town name>

6. Leave the account and return to your regular one.

Optional:

7. After about a week or more has passed, if the players return often and behave well, you can make someone an assistant, but doing so requires a new permission which isn't in any group yet, so I'll make a custom command to give them the needed permissions to be an assistant only. Also, let the members of said town pick who will be the assistant. Direct him to Towny Advanced's tutorial or teach him yourself.

Once again, try to keep the number of towns small and limited to those who seem serious about playing. Let people know that if they don't play for two weeks without prior notice, their town will be deleted.

[Image: 76561198028977730.png]

[Image: original.png]

Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com with any questions, issues or requests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 06:57 PM by chaosking121.)
RE: New Town Procedure
I am sorry if this the wrong place to ask for something like this, but first of all I find this very nice to be in this server, and would like to know how do I contact an official in order to make an application for my new village. (6 residents so far)

chaosking121's note: This isn't the best place to ask for it, but kudo's for emailing me as well. (y)
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Same here JohnGreek1! I made an underground city called "The Syndicate". But today I was briefed over three times and I couldn't do anything about it because no admins we're on and there was no pvp. I have 8 residents and I've wanted to make this a town. So if I could possibly contact one of you and do this so I can be protected, that would be great. The whole point of the town is to be a secret underground luxury city. But its very hard when griefers are pouring lava town your door. -Thanks!

Rtouty22
The Syndicate Leader

I build stuff. Smile
[Image: funny-gif-meanwhile-in-canada.gif]
18-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Apparently I wasn't subscribed to this thread. Weird. Anyway, I'll let you two make your own towns provided the other admins don't have a problem with it. PVP being off is a known issue. We don't know why. I think it's a plugin error and I hope it'll be solved when I update them all when I or another admin gets time.

[Image: 76561198028977730.png]

[Image: original.png]

Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com with any questions, issues or requests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JohnGreek1
18-08-2012, 07:13 PM
(18-08-2012 06:56 PM)chaosking121 Wrote:  Apparently I wasn't subscribed to this thread. Weird. Anyway, I'll let you two make your own towns provided the other admins don't have a problem with it. PVP being off is a known issue. We don't know why. I think it's a plugin error and I hope it'll be solved when I update them all when I or another admin gets time.

Thank you chaosking121 for all your help and support! You can be sure I am grateful for this!
18-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Yes, thanks man! This really can finally be done without admins having to rollback the time again because of the griefing.

Rtouty22
The Syndicate Leader

I build stuff. Smile
[Image: funny-gif-meanwhile-in-canada.gif]
22-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't have a problem with it, anthony does though...