Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few questions to the administration
19-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Question A few questions to the administration
Hello! You probably know me with my in-game name "JohnGreek". I would like to first ask a few simple questions and then make a couple of requests, if that is ok. These are mainly generated from complains etc. I heard from players of the server, and some of them are my own.

First of, the questions:
1. Will/Did the server switch to that new hosting software?
2. How exactly are we going to get done with the town making, and
3. How will other players make cities after that? Shouldn't we learn from the confusion of the last few days to make things simpler to others?
4. Why isn't pvp (at least for defending) on?
5. What is the difficulty setting of the server?
6. Why are most of the moderators/admins not even registered to the forums? This proves of people with no interest into making this server successful! (And believe me I really only want to help!)

And the requests:
1. Mods and admins shouldn't just randomly freely tp on your position. I think they should use /tpa if they have nothing important to do and only use the /tp command if they need to do "police" work. (didnt know a better way to tell that Tongue )
2. That mods and admins do not use foul language in the game or in the forums. I dont want to mention names but I could if requested.
3. And the last is that my words are taken into a helpful and friendly manner and not as an assault! I love this server!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Re: RE: A few questions to the administration
(19-08-2012 04:46 PM)JohnGreek1 Wrote:  Hello! You probably know me with my in-game name "JohnGreek". I would like to first ask a few simple questions and then make a couple of requests, if that is ok. These are mainly generated from complains etc. I heard from players of the server, and some of them are my own.

First of, the questions:
1. Will/Did the server switch to that new hosting software?
2. How exactly are we going to get done with the town making, and
3. How will other players make cities after that? Shouldn't we learn from the confusion of the last few days to make things simpler to others?
4. Why isn't pvp (at least for defending) on?
5. What is the difficulty setting of the server?
6. Why are most of the moderators/admins not even registered to the forums? This proves of people with no interest into making this server successful! (And believe me I really only want to help!)

And the requests:
1. Mods and admins shouldn't just randomly freely tp on your position. I think they should use /tpa if they have nothing important to do and only use the /tp command if they need to do "police" work. (didnt know a better way to tell that Tongue )
2. That mods and admins do not use foul language in the game or in the forums. I dont want to mention names but I could if requested.
3. And the last is that my words are taken into a helpful and friendly manner and not as an assault! I love this server!

Ok let me get right down to answering them.

Questions:

1. As soon as our hosting company does it. We're waiting right now but it could happen at any moment. It's more complicated than it sounds.

2. Google "Towny Advanced tutorial" and watch some videos. As soon as the switch is made and we're up and running ill allow you all to make towns.

3. I've been overloaded recently and haven't played much on the server. The rules were set in place at a time when me and Anthony, the main admins, played on the server more often. During the next two weeks I may or may not change the system to facilitate better towns when school starts back and im online less often. I'll let you know when I make up my mind.

4. It's a bug. Either in Bukkit or a plug in. It's not pretty high on my priority list right now since I've some very important things to do in the next few days.

5. No idea. Whatever the default is I guess. I never played legit survival and don't know what's appropriate for you guys. Admins who do play survival haven't told me anything about it. What do you suggest I set it as?

6. Anthony = Kami-Sama. KykLegend is also here. Those two are the main Admins. Them and others have power in game but it's not really important for them to check here because they're powerless outside of the server itself. They do check from time to time however. Being a member here is a requirement to be an admin so your claim really isn't true unless there were secret Admins made that I don't know about. Keep in mind that Admins may have made multiple accounts (KykLegend and Keith are the same guy) or used a different name in the forums.

Requests:

1. No. Just no. This used to be the procedure on Cero-Genesis and it led to all sorts of issues. Can you give me a reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do so?

2. Nope. I curse. I love cursing. It will continue unless one of my brothers join or something of that nature, but that rarely ever happens.

3. It's cool. Actually, I'm realllllly considering making you a moderator. The only thing stopping me is that you care a little too much. I can train you though. I think you've got what it takes. Add me on Facebook if you're interested in learning more. My name is Arshad Mugetsu on Facebook. Just like the Devious Ways fan Page and send me a message there and I'll add you if you can't find me. Cool?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[Image: 76561198028977730.png]

[Image: original.png]

Contact me at iarsh930@gmail.com with any questions, issues or requests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JohnGreek1
19-08-2012, 05:41 PM
RE: A few questions to the administration
Smile Again thanks for answering and here is my response!:

- I will google for info on Towny
- My opinion is that the difficulty should be on Normal just to make everyone happy (if it isnt already)
- On the OP's teleporting on us issue, I would at least appreciate if they whouldnt do that for no reason. A particular mod for example came invisible and kept opening our chicken barn again and again actually harassing us, and another one came to our minecart system and when I asked him kindly to leave (he came for no reason), he started running and removing our torches all over the place! (It's ok I managed to pour hot lava on his head after a wild chase Tongue)
-I am flattered to be said such a thing, and I can loose up if it is needed. I will add you on facebook just to establish a better contact for now!
19-08-2012, 08:55 PM
1) I don't like your face.
2) I will try to make your every day on the server a living hell as long as I am on.
3) I am not for you being a moderator or anything higher.
4) Should you be promoted, I have to train you as well and test you.
5) fudge you.

View my Signature!! (Click to View)
20-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Shocked RE: A few questions to the administration
(19-08-2012 08:55 PM)Kami-sama Wrote:  1) I don't like your face.
2) I will try to make your every day on the server a living hell as long as I am on.
3) I am not for you being a moderator or anything higher.
4) Should you be promoted, I have to train you as well and test you.
5) fudge you.

What is the meaning of this? Huh
20-08-2012, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 11:19 AM by Troncat.)
hello you might know me by my in game name Troncat i am known for bieng fuckin awesome and i fudge dolphins...back on point i see you have some complaints well heres what to do do /slay
[/align]

hello you might know me by my in game name Troncat i am known for bieng fuckin awesome and i fudge dolphins...back on point i see you have some complaints well heres what to do do /slay
[/align]
20-08-2012, 05:29 PM
[Image: e31.jpg]
20-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Troncat... You have to be probably the most helpful non-anything on this server... Always giving people advice and fudging your dolphins...

View my Signature!! (Click to View)
22-08-2012, 07:22 PM
w1w2fegrajyku.rdtuxeswfegrhsyjum, fcgmnfxd߃´4styjkf,cfxds
 Thanks given by: Kami-sama
25-08-2012, 12:57 AM
(22-08-2012 07:22 PM)KykLegend Wrote:  w1w2fegrajyku.rdtuxeswfegrhsyjum, fcgmnfxd߃´4styjkf,cfxds

Exactly my thoughts KyK. Also would like to show troncat the love and jump on the johngreek dislike-wagon. I might have only ever seen you once or twice. And if I remember right, you WERE as annoying as anthony says. That being said, I will also likely just irritate the fudge out of you if/when I see you.